Where: Iran (34.0° N, 56.5° E: paleocoordinates 47.0° S, 57.4° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Sartakht Formation, Sakmarian (295.0 - 290.1 Ma)
• Pebbles in laterite. Assigned an Asselian age by Leven & Gorgij (2009) but re-assigned to late Sakmarian or Artinskian by Leven et al. (2011) after discovery of fusulinids reworked from the underlying Sakmarian unit.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified packstone and lithified floatstone
•fusulinids, echinoids, brachiopods, crinoids, tubiphytes, and with the remains of codacean and red algae. Pebbles of well-sorted grainstone with sparite matrix and clasts of echinoids and corals occur rarely.
Size class: microfossils
Collection methods: peel or thin section
• Repository: Laboratory of Micropaleontology, the Geological Institute, of the Russian Academy of Sciences, collection no. 4787 (GIN)
Primary reference: E. Y. Leven and M. N. Gorgij. 2009. Section of Permian deposits and fusulinids in the Halvan Mountains, Yazd Province, central Iran. Stratigraphy and Geological Correlation 17:155-172 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 127563: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Lindy Edwards on 17.05.2012, edited by Matthew Clapham
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)