Where: Texas (31.8° N, 100.2° W: paleocoordinates 1.0° N, 30.4° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Choza Formation (Clear Fork Group), Kungurian (279.5 - 272.5 Ma)
• Fossiliferous dolomite 60 feet below the top of the Choza Formation (Plummer & Scott, 1937). About 300 feet below the top of the Clear Fork beds (Bose, 1919).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by J.W. Beede; reposited in the YPM
• The types were collected by Beede and turned over to Bose who described them without illustrations in an appendix to his monograph. Some specimens reposited in Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas.
Primary reference: E. Böse. 1919. The Permo-Carboniferous ammonoids of the Glass Mountains, west Texas, and their stratigraphic significance. University of Texas Bulletin 1762:1-241 [M. Clapham/M. Clapham] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 128588: authorized by Matthew Clapham, entered by Matthew Clapham on 12.06.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)