Also known as Lapparent site 12a, Elrhaz
Where: Agadez, Niger (16.6° N, 9.5° E: paleocoordinates 2.9° N, 4.9° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Elrhaz Formation (Tegama Group), Aptian (125.5 - 112.0 Ma)
• described as the "Tegama sandstones"
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by H. Faure in 1954
Collection methods: quarrying, mechanical,
• Collection made from a general region, with discrete sites separated as discrete collections. These specimens represent those described as coming from "El Rhaz", but not e.g. "a site 8 km NE of El Rhaz".
Primary reference: A. F. d. Lapparent. 1960. Les Dinosauriens du "Continental intercalaire" du Saharal central [The dinosaurs of the "Continental Intercalaire" of the central Sahara]. Mémoires de la Société géologique de France, nouvelle série 39(88A):1-57 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano/M. Carrano] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 25194: authorized by Matt Carrano, entered by Matt Carrano on 01.09.2002
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)