Where: Norway (73.2° N, 23.3° E: paleocoordinates 34.4° N, 20.9° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Kapp Starostin Formation (Tempelfjorden Group), Permian (298.9 - 252.3 Ma)
• The drilling cores where taken from the Palaeozoic rocks in the centre of the dome. Almost no Quaternary cover is present.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
•This core consists of strongly silicified pack- to wackestone.
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: core, chemical, mechanical,
• The core also contains abundant Bryozoans and Brachiopods as well as scattered Foraminifera. Abundant spicules indicate a source of the silicication.
Primary reference: I. Nilsson, G. Mangerud, and A. Mørk. 1996. Permian stratigraphy of the Svalis Dome south-western Barents Sea. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift 76:127-146 [C. Looy/W. Puijk/C. Looy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 31411: authorized by Cindy Looy, entered by Wilma Puijk on 12.05.2003