Where: Marshall Islands (11.4° N, 162.4° E: paleocoordinates 10.0° N, 165.5° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an undifferentiated lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Late Pleistocene, on the basis of stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: A composite list from several beds within this section of drill core, from 200-300 ft.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: unlithified, coarse-grained, shelly/skeletal, calcareous carbonate
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by ONR and USGS in 1952; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: core,
• COLLECTOR: Office of Naval Research and USGS, 1952. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: H. S. Ladd and S.O. Schlanger. 1960. Drilling operations on Eniwetok Atoll. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 260(Y):863-903 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 43322: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.08.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)