Also known as Ningjiagou, Uppsala/Geol. Survey China; Euhelopus zdanskyi type, Ning Chia Kou
Where: Shandong, China (35.9° N, 118.0° E: paleocoordinates 37.8° N, 121.0° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Mengyin Formation, Tithonian to Tithonian (150.8 - 112.0 Ma)
• Fossils from "lower and middle Mengyin Series". Full age range ascribed to the Mengyin Formation is Tithonian to Aptian (but see Wilson and Upchurch 2009).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: terrestrial; green, yellow sandstone and green, yellow siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Metrens, T'an, Andersson, & Zdansky in 1913-1923
Collection methods: quarrying, surface (float), surface (in situ), mechanical,
• Original discovery about 1913 by Father Metrens (Catholic priest), site rediscovered 1922 by Andersson and T'an, then excavated 1923 by Zdansky.
Primary reference: H. C. T'an. 1923. New research on the Mesozoic and early Tertiary geology in Shantung. Geological Survey of China Bulletin 5:95-135 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 47070: authorized by Matt Carrano, entered by Matt Carrano on 07.02.2005