Also known as GS 5560
Where: Southland, New Zealand (46.2° S, 168.9° E: paleocoordinates 58.2° S, 162.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Wangaloa Formation, Danian (65.5 - 61.7 Ma)
• Waipawan local stage = basal Ypresian. More recent literature (Stilwell, 1993; Cooper et al., 2004) suggests a Early Teurian stage = Danian age.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; ferruginous, pebbly conglomerate and sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by Finlay and Marwick. Collections are likely to be reposited in IGNZ (New Zealand Geological Survey) collections.
Primary reference: H. J. Harrington. 1958. Geology of Kaitangata Coalfield. New Zealand Geological Survey Bulletin 59 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 50209: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 10.05.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)