Where: Granada, Spain (37.9° N, 2.6° W: paleocoordinates 28.0° N, 6.5° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Aptian (125.5 - 112.0 Ma)
• No lithostratigraphic unit names mentioned in text or figures. From Weissi ammonite Biozone of the lower Aptian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Detailed sampling was carried out by authors for this study. No repository is listed, but presumably specimens reside with the authors at either Escuela Universitaria or Universidad de Granada.
Primary reference: R. Aguado, M. Company, J. Sandoval and J.M. Taver. 1997. Biostratigraphic events at the Barremian/Aptian boundary in the Betic Cordillera, southern Spain. Cretaceous Research 18:309-329 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/J. Alroy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 50398: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.05.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)