Where: Neuquen, Argentina (38.3° S, 70.1° W: paleocoordinates 37.8° S, 33.9° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Lower Member (Agrio Formation), Hauterivian (136.4 - 130.0 Ma)
• From SH22 (0.2 m thick). From Hoplitocrioceras gentilii subzone, Lower Agrio Member, Agrio Formation, early Hauterivian. KEY TO BED NUMBERING: Stratigraphic heights not given on stratigraphic column in Figure 2, but were calculated based on the scale given in same figure. Base of section corresponds to 0 m.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified, concretionary, red siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Material described in this paper are stored in the palaeontological collections of the University of Buenos Aires (CPBA), the Natural Sciences Museum of La Plata (MLP), and the Geological Survey, Buenos Aires (SGN).
Primary reference: M.B. Aguirre-Urreta and P.F. Rawson. 2001. Lower Cretaceous ammonites from the Neuquen Basin, Argentina: the Hauterivian neocomitid genus Hoplitocioceras (Giovine, 1950). Cretaceous Research 22:201-218 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 50575: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.05.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)