Also known as FO East, Locality 15
Where: Yamaguchi, Japan (34.0° N, 130.9° E: paleocoordinates 39.2° N, 127.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Ashiya Group, Late/Upper Oligocene (28.4 - 23.0 Ma)
• No stratigraphic data available as manuscript is in Japanese.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; medium-grained sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: bulk, quarrying,
• No collection data available as manuscript is in Japanese. Material is reposited in the Dept of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Faculty of Science, Kyushu University, and in Shimonoseki City Archaeological Museum, Shimonoseki.
Primary reference: K. Okamoto and T. Sakai. 1995. Sedimentary facies and fossil molluscs of the Oligocene Ashiya Group in the Hikoshima Takenokojim and Nishiyama area, Shimonoseki City, Southwest Japan. Bulletin of the Mizunami Fossil Museum 22:19-50 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 51458: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 05.06.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)