Where: Manabi, Ecuador (0.2° N, 80.3° W: paleocoordinates 0.0° S, 79.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Jama Formation, Pliocene (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• Rests upon Miocene strata with a marked unconformity. Thickness is approximately 15 ft. Collection is from the upper part of Zone B.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shoreface; poorly lithified, concretionary, blue, carbonaceous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Probably collected by current authors, though text also makes referal to faunal lists by Sheppard (1930) and a collecton of Barker.
Primary reference: H. A. Pilsbry and A.A. Olsson. 1941. A Pliocene fauna from Western Ecuador. Proceedings of the Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 93:1-79 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 51885: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 29.06.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)