Where: Cajamarca, Peru (6.6° S, 78.7° W: paleocoordinates 13.3° S, 54.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Romiron Formation (Quillquinan Group), Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• Collection from a 107 m thick shale unit, lying above the Culebra Member of the Mujarrun Formation (Cenomanian) and below the Conor Formation (early Turonian). The formation is 50 m thick at its type section and contains a late Cenomanian age fauna, within the Acanthoceras chasca biozone.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, concretionary, shelly/skeletal, brown, yellow, silty limestone and poorly lithified, brown, yellow shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the AMNH
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collections reposited at AMNH.
Primary reference: V.E. Benavides-Caceres. 1956. Cretaceous system in northern Peru. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History 108(4):1-493 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 56901: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 28.11.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)