Where: Cajamarca, Peru (6.6° S, 78.7° W: paleocoordinates 13.3° S, 54.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Yumagual Formation (Pulluicana Group), Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• Collection from a 4 m thick shale unit, lying below the Choro Member of the Mujarrun Formation (early Cenomanian) and above the Pariatambo Formation (middle Albian). The member is as much as 760 m thick in the region. The formation contains two biozones, a lower zone with late Albian index taxa, and an upper zone with early Cenomanian fauna.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, shelly/skeletal, calcareous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the AMNH
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collections reposited at AMNH.
Primary reference: V.E. Benavides-Caceres. 1956. Cretaceous system in northern Peru. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History 108(4):1-493 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 56907: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 28.11.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)