Also known as GS21; S184/491
Where: New Zealand (46.5° S, 169.8° E: paleocoordinates 79.3° S, 38.3° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Bathonian to Bathonian (167.7 - 161.2 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Unknown lithostratigraphic unit, not stated in text. AGE: Upper Temaikan = Latest Bajocian-Callovian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: A. McKay, 1873. REPOSITORY: Presumably the New Zealand Geological Survey (now GNS), Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Primary reference: G. R. Stevens. 1965. The Jurassic and Cretaceous Belemnites of New Zealand and a Review of the Jurassic and Cretaceous Belemnites of the Indo-Pacific Region. New Zealand Geological Survey Paleontological Bulletin 36 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 63774: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.08.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)