Also known as GS 5839; S169/0562
Where: New Zealand (47.0° S, 168.5° E: paleocoordinates 76.7° S, 47.1° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Aalenian (175.6 - 171.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Unknown lithostratigraphic unit, not stated in text. AGE: Lower Temaikan = Aalenian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: I.C. McKellar, 1952. REPOSITORY: Presumably the New Zealand Geological Survey (now GNS), Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Primary reference: J. Marwick. 1953. Divisions and faunas of the Hokonui System (Triassic and Jurassic). New Zealand Geological Survey Paleontological Bulletin 21 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 63818: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.08.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)