Also known as GS 349; S169/0452
Where: New Zealand (46.0° S, 168.5° E: paleocoordinates 72.1° S, 61.3° E)
• coordinate based on unpublished field data
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Aratauran (201.6 - 189.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: "Lower part of lower Plagiostoma beds". Unknown lithostratigraphic unit, not stated in text. AGE: Aratauran = Hettangian to earliest Pliensbachian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
• COLLECTOR: A. McKay, 1878. REPOSITORY: Presumably the New Zealand Geological Survey (now GNS), Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Primary reference: J. Marwick. 1953. Divisions and faunas of the Hokonui System (Triassic and Jurassic). New Zealand Geological Survey Paleontological Bulletin 21 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 63824: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.08.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)