Also known as GS 980; N91/56
Where: New Zealand (38.5° S, 174.8° E: paleocoordinates 80.6° S, 51.7° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Heterian (161.2 - 153.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Unknown lithostratigraphic unit, not stated in text. AGE: Heterian = Oxfordian-Early Kimmeridgian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: M. Ongley, 1919. REPOSITORY: Presumably the New Zealand Geological Survey (now GNS), Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Primary reference: J. Marwick. 1953. Divisions and faunas of the Hokonui System (Triassic and Jurassic). New Zealand Geological Survey Paleontological Bulletin 21 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 63828: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.08.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)