Also known as N51/610
Where: New Zealand (37.4° S, 174.8° E: paleocoordinates 81.0° S, 58.5° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Heterian (161.2 - 153.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Unknown lithostratigraphic unit, not stated in text. AGE: Heterian = Oxfordian-Early Kimmeridgian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, brown mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: A.P. Mason and B.F. Purser (late 1950's). REPOSITORY: Presumably the New Zealand Geological Survey (now GNS), Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Primary reference: B.H. Purser. 1961. Geology of the Port Waikato Region (Onewhero Sheet N51). New Zealand Geological Survey Bulletin 69 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 63854: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.08.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)