Also known as GS10756
Where: New Zealand (38.4° S, 177.3° E: paleocoordinates 81.1° S, 179.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Koranga Sandstone Formation, Late/Upper Aptian (122.5 - 112.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Koranga Sandstone of the Taitai Series, overlies Torelsse supergroup along Maccoyella Ridge and is unconformably overlain by the the Te Wera Sandstone. THICKNESS: From bed within formation that varies in thickness between 116 (locally) and 76 m (at this section). AGE: Korangan of Wellman (1956) = Upper Aptian based on presence in unit of Aucellina radiatostriata and Maccoyella reflecta (Day 1969, Day and Speden 1970). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 130 ft above base of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, pebbly siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: I.G. Speden. REPOSITORY: GSNZ (now GNS Science, Lower Hutt, New Zealand).
Primary reference: I.G. Speden. 1975. Cretaceous stratigraphy of Raukumara Peninsula. New Zealand Geological Survey Bulletin 91 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 65644: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.09.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)