Also known as GS10153
Where: New Zealand (38.4° S, 177.3° E: paleocoordinates 75.2° S, 170.6° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Te Wera Sandstone Formation, Albian (112.0 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Te Wera Sandstone of the Taitai Series, overlies Torelsse supergroup along Maccoyella Ridge and is unconformably overlying by the the Koranga Sandstone. THICKNESS: From bed within formation that varies in thickness between 91-183 m (regionally). AGE: Urutawan of Wellman (1956) = Middle to Upper Albian based on presence in unit of Aucellina radiatostriata and Maccoyella reflecta (Day 1969, Day and Speden 1970). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 420 ft above base of formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, pebbly siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: I.G. Speden. REPOSITORY: GSNZ (now GNS Science, Lower Hutt, New Zealand).
Primary reference: I.G. Speden. 1975. Cretaceous stratigraphy of Raukumara Peninsula. New Zealand Geological Survey Bulletin 91 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 65663: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.09.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)