Also known as Collection #3043 (Hendy PhD); GS #3237
Where: New Zealand (44.0° S, 171.1° E: paleocoordinates 50.2° S, 174.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tokama Siltstone Formation, Late/Upper Oligocene (28.4 - 23.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Tokama Siltstone? No lithostratigraphic data stated in text. AGE: Waitakian = Chattian-earliest Aquitanian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified, medium-grained, glauconitic, gray, green siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: Collected by H.W. Wellman (1944). REPOSITORY: Collection probably reposited in New Zealand Geological Survey (IGNS) collections, Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Primary reference: H. W. Wellman. 1953. The Geology of the Geraldine Subdivision. New Zealand Geological Survey bulletin 50 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 67595: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.11.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)