Also known as Jonzhou, Baitaigou
Where: Liaoning, China (41.1° N, 121.1° E: paleocoordinates 44.5° N, 121.3° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Dakangpu Member (Jiufotang Formation), Aptian (125.5 - 112.0 Ma)
• middle part of formation, originally assigned to Yixian Fm., comparable to Dawangzhangzi Bed. "middle part" of formaiton
•pterosaur specimen is preserved "in a single bedding plane"
•Chang et al. (2009) provide a Ar/Ar date of 122.1 Ma for the base of the Jiufutang. The age of the top of the formation is uncertain.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lacustrine; tuffaceous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected in 1999-2004; reposited in the IVPP
Collection methods: surface (in situ), mechanical,
• pterosaur was "collected in 1999 by a local farmer and then directly acquired by the NGMC"
Primary reference: X. Wang and X. Xu. 2001. A new iguanodontid (Jinzhousaurus yangi gen. et sp. nov.) from the Yixian Formaton of western Liaoning, China. Chinese Science Bulletin 46(19):1669-1672 [M. Carrano/M. Carrano] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 67611: authorized by Matt Carrano, entered by Matt Carrano on 27.11.2006, edited by Roger Benson
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)