Also known as Collection #3052 (Hendy PhD); GS #3236
Where: New Zealand (44.2° S, 171.1° E: paleocoordinates 49.6° S, 176.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Mount Brown Formation, Otaian (21.7 - 19.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: No lithostratigraphic data stated in text, other than being derived from glauconitic sandstone with conglomerate, about 900 ft above the limestone. Estimated to be from Waikari Formation based on correlation figure of King et al. (1994). AGE: Altonian age= Early Miocene; Awamoan in text.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, glauconitic, conglomeratic sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: Collected by Wellman (1944). REPOSITORY: Collection probably reposited in New Zealand Geological Survey (IGNS) collections, Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Primary reference: H. W. Wellman. 1953. The Geology of the Geraldine Subdivision. New Zealand Geological Survey bulletin 50 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 67827: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.12.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)