Also known as SSF 26.1
Where: Xinjiang, China (40.5° N, 79.1° E: paleocoordinates 11.6° S, 135.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Yurtus Formation, Tommotian to Tommotian (530.0 - 516.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Yurtus Fm, which unconformably overlies the Qigebulak Fm and is unconformably overlain by the Xiaoerbulak Fm. AGE: Most likely age is late Tommotian to early Atdabanian, on the basis of various biostratigraphic indicators. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From multiple beds within local section, mostly concentrated towards top of the section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, phosphatic limestone
Preservation: cast, replaced with phosphate
Collected by Conway Morris & Chapman in 1991; reposited in the SM
Collection methods: bulk, chemical,
• COLLECTOR: Conway Morris and Chapman, 1991. REPOSITORY: SM (=not stated).
Primary reference: S. Conway Morris, J. S. Crampton, X. Bing and A.J. Chapman. 1997. Lower Cambrian Cambroclaves (Incertae sedis) from Xinjiang, China, with comments on the morphological variability of sclerites. Palaeontology 40(1):167-189 [M. Patzkowsky/P. Borkow/J. Alroy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 6814: authorized by Mark Patzkowsky, entered by Phil Borkow on 23.03.2000, edited by Austin Hendy