Where: Japan (32.6° N, 129.6° E: paleocoordinates 38.0° N, 123.5° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Futagojima Formation, Middle Eocene (48.6 - 37.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Futagojima Fm, which overlies the Koyagi Fm, and underlies the Hashima Fm. THICKNESS: From bed within lower part of formation that attains a thickness of 320 m. AGE: Middle Eocene, based on molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed near base of formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: estuary or bay; lithified siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: A. Mizuno (c. 1964). REPOSITORY: Not stated in text, unknown.
Primary reference: A. Mizuno. 1964. Paleogene and Early Neogene molluscan faunae in West Japan. Geological Survey of Japan Report 204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71012: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 14.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)