Where: Kern County, California (35.1° N, 119.2° W: paleocoordinates 34.1° N, 108.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: San Emigdio Formation (San Lorenzo Group), Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From San Emigdio Fm San Lorenzo Group, which unconformably overlies the Meagnos and Tejon Fm's (Early-Middle Eocene), and is unconformably overlain by the Pleito Fm (Early Oligocene) of the San Lorenzo Group. THICKNESS: From bed within unit of formation that reaches 700 ft in thicknes. AGE: Late Eocene on the basis of molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From upper unit of the formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, shelly/skeletal, brown, gray, blue, sandy shale and lithified, fine-grained, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Presumably C. M. Wagner and K. H. Schilling (1917). REPOSITORY: Univeristy of California Collections of Invertebrate Paleontology, presumably UCMP.
Primary reference: C. M. Wagner and K. H. Schilling. 1923. The San Lorenzo Group of the San Emigdio region, California. University of California Publications, Bulletin of the Department of Geological Sciences 14(6):235-276 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71164: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)