Where: South Australia, Australia (34.9° S, 138.6° E: paleocoordinates 54.9° S, 133.6° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tortachilla Limestone Formation, Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Probably from Tortachilla Limestone, which overlies the Maslin Sands and is overlain by the Blanche Point Fm in the East St Vincent Basin. AGE: Late Eocene (Priabonian) according to Beu and Darragh (2001) - local stage=Aldingan. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation, possibly multiple and mixed bed, hence assigned to a "formation" scale.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified, glauconitic, green, argillaceous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: core,
• COLLECTOR: Unknown collectors. REPOSITORY: Museum of Victoria.
Primary reference: R. Tate. 1886. The lamellibranchs of the Older Tertiary of Australia (part 1). Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia 8:96-158 [A. Miller/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71407: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)