Where: India (25.2° N, 90.7° E: paleocoordinates 15.9° N, 88.6° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Chengapara Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Zone IB of Chengapara Formation, which regionally conformably overlies the Baghmara Fm (presumanly Early Miocene) and is unconformably overlain by the Dupitila Fm. THICKNESS: Zone is 16 m in thickness, within a ~30 m thick section. AGE: Burdigalian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From middle part of section, basal part of the Chengapara Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Presumably the authors, B. C. Lyngdoh, R. P. Tiwari, and R. P. Kachhara. REPOSITORY: Paleontology Museum of the Department of Geology, Pachunga University College, North-Eastern Hill University, Mizoram, India.
Primary reference: B. C. Lyngdoh, R. P. Tiwari, and R. P. Kachhara. 1999. Miocene Molluscan biosratigraphy of the Garo Hills, Meghalaya, India. Journal of the Paleontological Society of India 44:55-67 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 72084: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.05.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)