Where: Cuba (23.0° N, 82.4° W: paleocoordinates 23.3° N, 78.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Unknown lithostratigraphy. AGE: Assumed to be Early Miocene, based on correlations to Tampa Limeston (Arcadia Formation = Late Oligocene-Early Miocene). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within local section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original calcite
Collected by Vaughn; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: T. W. Vaughn. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: C. W. Cooke. 1919. Tertiary mollusks from the Leeward Islands and Cuba. Contributions to the geology and paleontology of the West Indies. Carnegie Institution of Washington 105-156 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 75317: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.10.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)