Where: Iran (31.5° N, 52.7° E: paleocoordinates 24.7° N, 47.5° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Qom Formation, Rupelian (33.9 - 28.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Qom Fm, which overlies the continental Lower Red Fm. THICKNESS: Unknown thickness. AGE: Qom Fm is Early-Late Rupelian at this section, although collections originate from Late Rupelian strata based on planktonic foraminfera (pers. comm. Rögl). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within unit.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lagoonal or restricted shallow subtidal; poorly lithified marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: F. Steininger and M. Harzhauser (~2004). REPOSITORY: Museum of Natural History, Viena (MNHW).
Primary reference: M. Harzhauser. 2004. Oligocene gastropod faunas for the Eastern Mediterranean (Mesohellenic Trough/Greece and Esfahan-Sirjan Basin/Central Iran). Courier Forschungsinstitut Senckenberg 248:93-181 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 76199: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 15.11.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)