Where: Pakistan (25.5° N, 69.0° E: paleocoordinates 15.8° N, 66.7° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Nari Formation, Early/Lower Oligocene (33.9 - 28.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Basal beds of regional succession, and is overlain by the Gaj beds (Early Miocene). AGE: Early Oligocene, based on similarity with European faunas of Lattofian and Stampian age. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within unit.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Vredenburg
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Multiple collectors including W. Blanford, Wynne, Hira Lal, Ram Singh, and Noetling (staff of Geological Survey of India) during the early 1900's. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of India, with voucher specimens possibly at the BMNH.
Primary reference: E. Vredenburg. 1925. Description of Mollusca from the post-Eocene Tertiary formation of north-western India: Cephalopoda, Opisthobranchiata, Siphonostomata. Memoirs of the Geological Survey of India 50(1):1-350 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77161: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.12.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)