Also known as USGS 21301, 21304, 21308, 21310
Where: Palau (7.4° N, 134.6° E: paleocoordinates 7.4° N, 134.6° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Palau Limestone Formation, Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Palau Limestone, which unconformably overlies the Ngeremlengui Fm (Oligocene) and is overlain by the Peleliu Fm. AGE: Late Miocene on the basis of foraminiferal biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From base of Palau Limestone.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; unlithified, tuffaceous marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Ladd in 1958; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: H.S. Ladd (1958). REPOSITORY: USNM (formely USGS collections).
Primary reference: H. S. Ladd. 1966. Chitons and Gastropods (Haliotidae through Adeorbidae) from Western Pacific Islands. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 531:1-98 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Millet] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77930: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)