Where: Marshall Islands (11.6° N, 165.4° E: paleocoordinates 6.1° N, 179.0° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an undifferentiated lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Early Miocene, on the basis of foraminiferal biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: A composite from several beds within the section of drill core of 1400-1500 ft.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: poorly lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by JTF in 1947; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: core,
• COLLECTOR: Operation Crossroads, Joint Task Force One, 1947. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: H. S. Ladd. 1966. Chitons and Gastropods (Haliotidae through Adeorbidae) from Western Pacific Islands. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 531:1-98 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Millet] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 78028: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)