Also known as SSF 63.3
Where: Columbia County, New York (42.2° N, 73.7° W: paleocoordinates 34.1° S, 88.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Anse Maranda Formation, Dyeran (516.0 - 513.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Initially entered as "Middle Granville Fm". From Anse Maranda Fm, which overlies the Lauzon Fm. Equivalent to the upper Browns Pond, Middle Granville, and lower Hatch Hill Fm of New York. AGE: Stage designation not stated in publication, initailly entered as "Dyeran"; from middle Olenellus zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From near base of section, at 2.8 m.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: slope; lithified, dolomitic, gray siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, replaced with phosphate
Collected by Landing & Bartwoski; reposited in the NYSM
Collection methods: bulk, acetic
• COLLECTORS: Not stated in text, but presumably E. Landing and K. Bartowski. REPOSITORY: New York State Museum.
Primary reference: E. Landing and K.E. Bartowski. 1996. Oldest shelly fossils from the Taconic Allochthon and late Early Cambrian sea-levels in eastern Laurentia. Journal of Paleontology 70(5):741-761 [P. Wagner/P. Wagner/P. Wagner] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 78764: authorized by Pete Wagner, entered by Pete Wagner on 17.02.2008