Where: Washington County, Arkansas (36.0° N, 94.2° W: paleocoordinates 8.5° S, 31.7° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Prairie Grove Member (Hale Formation), Morrowan (318.1 - 314.6 Ma)
• The Hale formation is the lowermost Morrowan unit preserved in this part of the Ozarks. The Prairie Grove conformably sits on the Cane Hill Member and is below the Brentwood Member.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; lithified, shelly/skeletal grainstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by N. A. Heim in 2007
Collection methods: bulk, mechanical,
• A bulk sample of approximately 2 gallons was collected and fossils were removed in the lab by crack out.
Primary reference: N. A. Heim. 2009. Stability of regional brachiopod diversity structure across the Mississippian/Pennsylvanian boundary. Paleobiology 35(3):393 [N. Heim/N. Heim/N. Heim] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 79873: authorized by Noel Heim, entered by Noel Heim on 25.03.2008