Where: Muskogee County, Oklahoma (35.6° N, 95.2° W: paleocoordinates 8.5° S, 32.7° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Brewer Bend Member (Sausbee Formation), Morrowan (318.1 - 314.6 Ma)
• The Sausbee formation is the lowermost Morrowan unit preserved in this part of the Ozarks, and the Brewers Bend Member is the uppermost unit of the Sausbee.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; lithified lime mudstone and lithified wackestone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by N. A. Heim in 2006
Collection methods: bulk, mechanical,
• A bulk sample of approximately 2 gallons was collected and fossils were removed in the lab by crack out.
Primary reference: N. A. Heim. 2009. Stability of regional brachiopod diversity structure across the Mississippian/Pennsylvanian boundary. Paleobiology 35(3):393 [N. Heim/N. Heim/N. Heim] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 79898: authorized by Noel Heim, entered by Noel Heim on 26.03.2008