Where: Sequoyah County, Oklahoma (35.6° N, 95.1° W: paleocoordinates 8.2° S, 32.9° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Brewer Bend Member (Sausbee Formation), Morrowan (318.1 - 314.6 Ma)
• The Sausbee formation is the lowermost Morrowan unit preserved in this part of the Ozarks. This collection is from the Brewer Bend Member, which is the uppermost unit of the Sausbee.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; lithified, shelly/skeletal packstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by N. A. Heim in 2006
Collection methods: bulk, mechanical,
• A bulk sample of approximately 2 gallons was collected and fossils were removed in the lab by crack out.
Primary reference: N. A. Heim. 2009. Stability of regional brachiopod diversity structure across the Mississippian/Pennsylvanian boundary. Paleobiology 35(3):393 [N. Heim/N. Heim/N. Heim] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 79913: authorized by Noel Heim, entered by Noel Heim on 26.03.2008