Where: Dominican Republic (19.3° N, 71.7° W: paleocoordinates 19.3° N, 71.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Gurabo Formation, Messinian to Messinian (7.2 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Gurabo Fm, which overlies the Cercado Fm, and is overlain by the Mao Fm (Pliocene). AGE: Late Miocene-Early Pliocene, based on Table 1 of Saunders et al. (1986); assigned to Messinian-Zanclean at present. THICKNESS: Unknown. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes. REPOSITORY: PRI. FIDELITY: Moderate ecological fidelity.
Primary reference: A. J. W. Hendy, D. P. Buick, K. V. Bulinski, C. A. Ferguson, and A. I. Miller. 2008. Unpublished census data from Atlantic coastal plain and circum-Caribbean Neogene assemblages and taxonomic opinions. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80084: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.04.2008, edited by Uta Merkel
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)