Where: Peru (15.4° S, 75.1° W: paleocoordinates 15.9° S, 77.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pliocene (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From terrace deposits overlying the Pisco Fm (early Middle Miocene-Late Pliocene). AGE: Pliocene in text, on the basis of molluscan biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal mixed carbonate-siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by DeVries; reposited in the UWBM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: DeVries. REPOSITORY: Either UWBM, Washington, or MUSM, Peru.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries. 2007. Cenozoic Turritellidae (Gastropoda) from southern Peru. Journal of Paleontology 81(2):331-351 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80425: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)