Where: Colfax County, New Mexico (36.4° N, 104.6° W: paleocoordinates 38.3° N, 70.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Fort Hays Limestone Member (Niobrara Formation), Turonian (93.5 - 89.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Fort Hays Limestone Mbr of the Niobrara Fm, which regionally overlies the Carlisle Shale . AGE: Very late Turonian, on the basis of inoceramid and ammonite biostratigraphy; Prionocyclus quadratus biozone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From near base of Fort Hays Limestone in this section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep subtidal shelf; lithified, gray limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Scott, Cobban, Merewether, Buckhorn in 1984; reposited in the UNSM
• COLLECTORS: Scott, Cobban, Merewether, and Buckhorn (1984). REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: G. R. Scott, W. A. Cobban, and E. A. Merewether. 1986. Stratigraphy of the Upper Cretaceous Niobrara Formation in the Raton basin, New Mexico. New Mexico Bureau of Mines and Mineral Resources Bulletin 115:1-34 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 82216: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.07.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)