Where: South Africa (28.0° S, 32.3° E: paleocoordinates 45.9° S, 18.6° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: St Lucia Formation, Middle Coniacian (89.3 - 85.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the St Lucia Fm, which regionally overlies the Umzamba Fm. THICKNESS: Unknown bed and section thickness. AGE: Coniacian II based on ammonite biostratigraphy = Middle Coniacian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Kennedy & Klinger in 1970-1971; reposited in the BMNH
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Collected by authors (W. Kennedy and H. Klinger) during 1970-1971. REPOSITORY: BMNH.
Primary reference: H. C. Klinger and W. J. Kennedy. 1984. Cretaceous faunas from Zululand and Natal, South Africa. The ammonite subfamily Peroniceratinae Hyatt, 1900. Annals of the South African Museum 92(3):1-294 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82444: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.07.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)