Where: Greenland (71.1° N, 23.3° W: paleocoordinates 55.6° N, 10.1° E)
• coordinate based on political unit
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Berriasian (145.5 - 140.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the lower marl and shale series of the "Hectoroceras beds". AGE: Spath (1947) dated the unit as infra-Valanginian, between the Tithonian and Valanginian (s.s.). This now correlates to the Berriasian stage. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From concretions just below the Hectoroceras shell bed.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, concretionary, micaceous, silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression, concretion
Collected by Aldinger & Save-Soderbergh; reposited in the BMNH
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: H. Aldinger and G. Säve-Soderbergh, 1930's. REPOSITORY:BMNH, London.
Primary reference: L. F. Spath. 1947. Additional observations on the invertebrates (chiefly ammonites) of the Jurassic and Cretaceous of East Greenland. Meddeleser om Grønland 132(3):1-69 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82623: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 30.07.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)