Where: France (43.2° N, 5.5° E: paleocoordinates 32.2° N, 6.8° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unnamed lithostratigraphic unit, that overlies the Gargasian Marls (Aptian). AGE: Early Cenomanian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy and stratigraphic position; Mantelliceras mantelli zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed 2, near base of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, black shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression, replaced with limonite, replaced with phosphate
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Many collectors, including W.J. Kennedy (1967-1990). REPOSITORY: Several repositories, principally the NMNH, but also the BMNH, OUM, FSM and FSL.
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy. 1994. Cenomanian ammonites from Cassis, Bouches-du-Rhone, France. Palaeopelagos Special Publication 1:209-254 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82841: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)