Where: Tehama County, California (40.3° N, 122.4° W: paleocoordinates 41.5° N, 82.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pacheco Group, Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Pacheco Gp, for which lithostratigraphic relations are unknown. AGE: Cenomanian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From higher beds within the group.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, concretionary sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression, concretion
Collected by McCoy
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: McCoy, Benson, and Anderson. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: F.M. Anderson. 1958. Upper Cretaceous of the Pacific Coast. Geological Society of America Memoir 71 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83773: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 31.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)