Where: Stanislaus County, California (37.5° N, 121.1° W: paleocoordinates 43.4° N, 96.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Mustang Shale Member (Moreno Formation), Maastrichtian (70.6 - 65.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Mustang Shale of the Moreno Fm, Asuncion Gp, which is overlain by the Quinto Silt Mbr. AGE: Maastrichtian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From higher beds within the group.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, argillaceous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Bennison
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Bennison. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: F.M. Anderson. 1958. Upper Cretaceous of the Pacific Coast. Geological Society of America Memoir 71 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83787: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.09.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)