Where: Shasta County, California (40.6° N, 122.2° W: paleocoordinates 43.7° N, 85.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Turonian (93.5 - 89.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Turonian in text; on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Shale exposed in creek bank.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Popenoe & Findlay in 1933
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Popenoe and Findlay, 1933. REPOSITORY: California Institute of Technology (at the time).
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86782: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)