Where: Tehama County, California (40.0° N, 122.1° W: paleocoordinates 40.1° N, 78.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Chico Formation, Albian (112.0 - 99.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Chico Fm, for which no lithostratigraphic relationships are discussed. AGE: Early Campanian in text; on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Conglomerate near bas of "Chico".
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified conglomerate
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Diller et al in 1893
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Diller, Storrs, & Stanton, 1893. REPOSITORY: California Institute of Technology (at the time).
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86787: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)