Where: Orange County, California (33.6° N, 117.7° W: paleocoordinates 39.4° N, 87.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pleasants Sandstone Formation, Late/Upper Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Pleasants Sandstone, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Upper Campanian in text; on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Not stated in text.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Popenoe in 1933
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Popenoe, 1933. REPOSITORY: California Institute of Technology (at the time).
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86793: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)