Where: Jackson County, Oregon (42.3° N, 122.8° W: paleocoordinates 45.4° N, 85.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Turonian (93.5 - 89.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: upper Turonian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position in local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, concretionary, shelly/skeletal siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Cunningham; reposited in the CAS
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: B. L. Cunningham. REPOSITORY: California Academy of Science (CAS).
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86814: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)