Where: Ventura County, California (34.2° N, 118.7° W: paleocoordinates 40.1° N, 88.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Campanian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position in local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, concretionary, shelly/skeletal siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Anderson; reposited in the CAS
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: F. M. Anderson. REPOSITORY: California Academy of Science (CAS).
Primary reference: T. Matsumoto. 1960. Upper Cretaceous ammonites of California. Part III. Memoirs of the Faculty of Science, Kyushu University Series D, Geology, Special Volume II 1-204 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy] more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86816: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.02.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-ND (attribution-noncommercial-no derivatives)